8515 Highway 6 South, Houston, Texas 77083
WCA Customer Care – (281) 368-8397
WCA Waste Corp. provides service for Missouri City’s Municipal Solid Waste Program.
The City’s seven-year agreement with the company was authorized by City Council on July 20, 2015 and is for residential (Ordinance No. O-15-46), commercial (Ordinance No. O-15-47) and municipal solid waste and recyclable collection materials. The deal also provides for Missouri City to collect a franchise fee of 5 percent of gross receipts from WCA.
Service Collection Schedule
- Service Days (Trash) – Monday and Thursday
- Service Days (Heavy Trash) – Thursday
- Service Days (Recycle) –
- Service Hours – No earlier than 7:00 am and no later than 6:00 pm
Residential Waste Collection Guidelines
Residential Waste Collection Guidelines (PDF)
Recycling Collection Guidelines
Residential contract customers pay a $12.65 household base rate and receive the following services:
- Solid Waste: Twice per week; Per City ordinance service is provided between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Curbside Recycling: Every other week; Recyclable materials do not include glass or pizza boxes. Both items may be disposed of in the blue solid waste container.
- Bulk Waste: Provided every other week
- Yard Waste: Provided weekly
- Curbside holiday tree pickup during the month of January
- Trees will be picked up on Bulk collection days
- Service provided with environment-friendly CNG (compressed natural gas) trucks
For yard waste to be collected, it should be stored in heavy-duty lawn and leaf refuse bags that are biodegradable, compostable and sturdy enough not to break when lifted; in a regular trash container or in the blue solid waste container. Yard waste should not be placed at the curb in regular solid waste bags; if that occurs, it will be removed as trash. Brush waste should be securely bound together, not exceeding four feet in length or 40 pounds in weight.
In order to be serviced by the front-loading automatic WCA trucks, solid waste and recycling bins must be placed at the curb at least 5 feet apart from one other; the handles should face the homeowner’s residence.
To ensure service, citizens are encouraged to set garbage and recyclable materials out by 7 a.m.
Assisted or valet service is available for disabled, elderly and infirmed residents; a doctor’s signature and contact phone number is required to process each request. To sign up for the service, complete the Assisted Service Authorization Form or contact WCA’s dedicated Missouri City Customer Service center at 281.403.5800.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day